Laboratory of X-Ray and Densitometry
Provides patients’ examination in outpatient setting.
The following researches are provided:
1. Hysterosalpingography (the device "Siemens М44-2") - research allows to estimate the condition of the cervix and uterine body, fallopian tubes. The procedure is provided by introduction of iodine-contrast (Urografin 70 %) to uterus. The special computer program allows to fix the picture from the moment of introduction of contrast till the outcome, that considerably raises the diagnostic value. Minimized exposure of both patients and staff. There is a possibility of record of carried out research on CD or DVD disc.
2. R-densitometry (the device "HOLOGIC QDR 4500") is a basic method of diagnostics of osteoporosis and estimation of risk of bone fracture at patients. It is provided to women in post menopause and to men who are older than 60 years old. At younger age densitometry is performed at special indications. For monitoring of the therapy the research can be repeated in a year. Lumbar spine of backbone, proximal femur and forearm of the dominant hand are scanned.
Bone densitometry is necessary:
- For preventive maintenance of bone fracture at patients with presence of risk factors;
- For acknowledgement of diagnosis of the osteoporosis
- For estimation of efficiency of the therapy
- For women and men who have had bone fracture in the past
- At any age at long reception of gluco-corticoids, immunosuppressive preparations
- To women over 65 years old, to men over 70 years old
- To women and men under 65 years, with risk factors
- At pathology of endocrine systems ( diabetes types I and II, thyroid gland diseases, a syndrome of polycystic ovaries, hypophysis adenomas, Cushing disease)
- At diseases of digestive tract
- With myeloma
- At insufficient food, low consumption of calcium and vitamin D
- At women with disorders of menstrual cycle, long absence of menses.
3. Mammography (the device "Siemens mammomat") - is a method of diagnostics of diseases of mammary glands. It is done in four positions. If necessary, it is also possible to make pictures in additional projections (with a compression or without)
Mammography is shown:
- To all women more than 35 years old as screening method of diagnostics of the pathology of mammary glands
- To women of any age at presence of central formations in the mammary gland, consolidations, changes of skin, nipples, discharge from the nipples
- To women with chronic gynecologic diseases
- At the age of 35 to 50 it is necessary to pass mammography once in two years. After 50 it is necessary to pass mammography every year.